In order for the BMPO to be eligible for Federal Transportation money to assist in local transportation maintenance and improvements, the Federal Transportation Bill mandates the Long-Range Transportation Plan be updated every five years.
The Bonneville Metropolitan Planning Organization (BMPO) provides transportation planning for the Cities of Ammon, Idaho Falls, Iona, Ucon, and the urbanized portions of Bonneville County. Our vision is to provide a safe and efficient multi-modal transportation system that supports the economic vitality of the area, protects the environment, promotes efficient system management and operation, and emphasizes the preservation of the existing transportation system.
2040 Long Range Transportation Plan The 2040 LRTP identifies existing and future multi-modal deficiencies and needs and establishes or recommends strategies and investments to address the needs. Investment costs are projected against possible revenues.
The purpose of this document is to:
- Identify existing and future multi-modal transportation deficiencies, problems and needs of the planning area,
- Prioritize projects and programs that best address the deficiencies, problems and needs taking into account available and potential funding resources,
- Develop multi-modal transportation policies, principles and strategies to protect, preserve and maintain the transportation network,
- Develop goals and related performance measures to track the success of policies, principles and strategies, and
- Identify positive and negative impacts and remedial strategies that will maintain the environmental integrity of the planning area.
Survey Results – Power Point Presentation This survey was an important tool to gather information regarding transportation issues in our metropolitan area. Survey results will help guide the BMPO in developing future plans to serve the public’s transportation needs.
Public Meeting Presentation Strategies and Investments Presentation A public meeting was held December 9, 2015 to discuss long range transportation conditions and needs for the transportation planning area.
Previous Long Range Transportation Plan
2035 Long Range Transportation Plan